So recently I've been going dancing with my friend Stephanie. We go just about every weekend and sometimes Wednesdays. So last night there was a country swing dance that we decided would be fun to go to with our friend Tim. So while I was there, a guy kept asking me to dance, I think we danced about 6 times! He was super sweet and he was a really good dancer. At the end of the dance he asked for my number so that maybe we could go on a date sometime :) I gave him my number because he was so nice! I sent the night at Stephanie's and he texted me this morning saying "hello beautiful! I hope you slept well." which was kind of strange seeing as I had just met him. But we made plans to hang out, and I met him at the mall. We walked around for a little bit and talked when he said "hey would you want to play a joke on my friend with me?" sounded good to me! We pulled up in front of Sierra-west jewelers and he told me that his friend worked there and that he wanted to make him believe that we were engaged. I've done it before with other people and it's pretty funny afterwards so I was down. He took my hand and we walked up to the displays and waited for his friend to show us around. Darell finally showed up and they started talking about basketball so I assumed they knew each other. My date turns to me and says, "I've got one picked out for you, and I'd love to get your opinion on it." I played along, thinking it was for Darrell. So we looked at this really pretty $2000 ring! And I told him that it was perfect and how did he know?? Blah blah blah...it was actually a pretty ring. But Darrell said that maybe we should shop around to make sure it was the perfect one. My date then started acting really strangely, holding and rubbing my hand.. Kissing my cheek ect ect. I figured it was all for show. It creeped me out a little but I went along with it. Darrell went in the back to find a different setting and my date says "so... You seem to really like me! Does this mean we're dating?" I was completely taken aback! I had no clue what was going on. Umm. No? I told him I didn't really know him and that I didn't know if I would want to get into a relationship with hi. If I didn't know him all that well. He seemed really hurt, but he had to know. Darrell came back with the setting and it was about $4000 dollars. I said something about how expensive it was and my date said "don't you worry about that sweetheart, that's my job" and he planted one right on the kisser.
Let me pause here for a minute.... I thought you'd be interested in what he does for a living. He works in fast food. Annnnndd he told me that he has no intention of changing careers. Or going to school. Or anything. Awesome! I dunno about you, but that's a deal breaker for me. Anyways... Back to the kiss...
He straight up kissed me in fron to Darrell, and I didn't really know what to do. I should've ran. Darrell went back to grab different size loose diamonds and this is where it gets super awkward. The creeper turns to me and says "wouldn't this be a great story to tell our kids? I met you wile dancing and the next day I asked you to marry me. And our first kiss was while we were looking for your engagement ring. Precious!" freaked me the eff out!!! He p
Anted another one in me then Darrell walked in so I didn't really have time to talk to him about it. I decided I needed to know a little but more information on this weirdo. I asked Darrell how long he had known the creeper, and Darrel said "I don't" yeah...... Totally scared at this point. I'm going to get raped. So all in all he let me choose the ring I wanted. Whatever ring I wanted because he makes oh so much money. We left the store (luckily he didn't buy the freaking ring at this point) and said this has been so much fun. And kissed me again. Kep in mind please that I am NOT kissing him back, you think he'd get the hint. But he drove me back to my car and with one final creeper kiss, I booked it.
So I've decided that I need need to change my number. I'll text you guys soon to let you know that it's changed. Hahaha anybody else have this happen to them in Provo? Because I thought it just happened in movies.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Apparently... I'm engaged!!!
Posted by Jenn at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment