Saturday, November 12, 2011

Utah...

Let's see... I don't know how many of you know what happened since march but I figure I'll fill you in! So, In May I broke up with Mike (my boyfriend of 3 years) I just got this strong feeling that I couldn't be with him anymore. And once you get a prompting like that, there's no looking back and there's no denying it. I spoke with my sister Ashley and we decided that it would be a good idea for me to move up here to good ol' Utah! I got a job at Arrowhead Dental labs and life seemed dandy!
About a month into it, Arrowhead laid me off and I've been looking for a job ever since. But I have had a lot of fun experiences since then! I was a maid of honor in a friends wedding! I got out of my comfort zone and went up to Idaho for a week, did the country girl thing..... and decided it was not for me. I realized while I was up there that I am very uncomfortable around animals (except dogs) and goats especially freak me out!  but that will have to be a story for a later day.
I've been dating a TON! well... at least for me a ton. I never knew how many different types of guys there are!! Let's be honest here.... most guys are jackasses. I'm sorry to say it, but they are! guys are self centered and they play 'the game' more than girls do! But I think I'm going to write off guys for the next couple of months and really start working on me. finding talents and abilities that i haven't quite found yet.
that's another thing i have a problem with... 'the game' I don't quite understand it. I don't like it. In general, I find it annoying... so if anyone has about 3 or 4 free hours and would be glad to explain this madness to me i would greatly appreciate it! haha just kidding... but i really don't understand.
Winter, I'm finding, is more than when the weather is below 60 degrees. IT"S FREAKING COLD!!! but I'm glad I'm doing it. I really want to try and do the 'winter things' like snowboarding or skiing. so that winter won't seem so daunting, but more fun. And it's always fun to buy more clothes! especially jackets and boots. I LOVE BOOTS!
One of the greatest rewards I've had since I have been up here is how much my testimony is growing in the church and how my relationship with God is getting stronger! I've done a lot of reading on the atonement the past couple of days and it has really hit home! Scriptures used to be a very foreign object to me.... i might as well been reading Hebrew! But my bishop gave me a True to the faith book and I've been researching topics instead of just reading and it's really opened my eyes to how the scriptures relate to us! and it's getting easier and easier to read them and more enjoyable! :)
So I'm still adjusting but I'm grateful for all the people up here who have been compassionate and patient with me. My Friends and ward, and especially Ashley and Brandon!
sorry there's no funny stories this time but there's a ton to be told from Utah! (I've come to the conclusion that Utah Mormon's are crazy!)  but it makes for great stories!! thanks for reading and please feel free to ask anything. I usually don't write because i never know what to say. so any questions may help!! <3

0 comments: